Conference for Scrap Metals
The 2nd Kazakhstan conference on ferrous and non-ferrous scrap metals
12 June 2013, Independence Palace, Press hall
Supported by: Non-Commercial Partnership National Self Regulating Organization of Ferrous and Non-Ferrous Scrap and Wastes Processors and Vehicle Recyclers “RUSLOM.COM”.
The aim of the conference: to gather the key players of the scrap metals market of Kazakhstan in order to find new ways of co-operation, discuss supply of Kazakhstam steel mills with scrap metals, speak about the participation of independent recyclers of scrap in creating of new industry of scrap recycling in the Customs Union.
On the agenda:
- Sustainable supplying of existing and new Kazakhstan steel mills with raw materials
- The issues of export and taxation at mutual shipments of scrap metals form Kazakhstan to Russia and from Russia to Kazakhstan.
- Expectations of the demand for ferrous and non-ferrous scrap metals in Russia and Kazakhstan. The results of market studies.
- The capacities of scrap procurement and recycling business in the Customs Union.
- Self regulating in scrap recycling sector. Participation of scrap recycling companies of Kazakhstan in the first Self Regulating Organization of Ferrous and Non-Ferrous Scrap and Wastes Processors and Vehicle Recyclers “RUSLOM.COM”.
- Express presentations and meetings of scrap metals sellers and buyers.
- Panel discussion and trade session.
About the organizers:
Intellektualnye Resursy Ltd. (Rusmet)is the Official Partner of the AMM Congress.
Founders: individuals (85%) and National University of Science and Technology "MISIS" (15%).
Staff: market analysts and experts, specialists for events organizing.
Mission: Creation of new sectors and sub-sectors of economy in Russia, which will be competitive and effective. Protection of Russian companies’ interests. Creation of informational environment for their sustainable development and new markets development.
- Self regulating in the industry, standards and regulations, co-operation with the state, lawmaking, control of the market participants.
- HR, training, personnel selection, e-Learning
- Markets analysis and forecast, prices indices, technical and economic assessment of industrial projects.
- Attracting of investments to small and medium business.
- Development of industrial policy.
National Self Regulating Organization of Ferrous and Non-Ferrous Scrap and Wastes Processors and Vehicle Recyclers “RUSLOM.COM”
The main idea of a self-regulating organization is to move regulating of business from state to the market participants themselves, which allows eliminating excessive administrative barriers and reduction budget expenses .
For the uniting of the efforts of scrap metals recycling industry participants in order to solve the problems, develop standards, and participate in development of legislation, the National Self Regulating Organization of Ferrous and Non-Ferrous Scrap and Wastes Processors and Vehicle Recyclers “RUSLOM.COM” was founded in 2012.
Currently about 60% of the ferrous metals scrap turnover is controlled by the members of “RUSLOM.COM”. Among them there are Novolipetsk Steel (NLMK), United Metallurgical Company (UMC), Severstal, RZD (Russian Railways), AvtoVaz, independent scrap recyclers form various regions of Russia. Metalloinvest and companies in State Corporation “Rostec” have confirmed their participation. In January 2013 “RUSLOM.COM” entered BIR (The Bureau of International Recycling). The international forum “Ferrous and Non-ferrous Scrap Metals” which is annually being held by Rusmet in Moscow and gathers over 400 participates from 30 countries, is the biggest independent event for Russian metallurgy. “RUSLOM.COM” was established in 2012 by the decision made at the forum.
The key question of “RUSLOM.COM” today is development of standards and technical regulations and their introduction in the Customs Union. The regulations should create equal and transparent conditions for all participants of the market. This is the key to the civilized market.
The participation of vehicles manufacturers in “RUSLOM.COM” is very important today, when the new industry of vehicles recycling is being created in Russia.